Sunday 16 October 2016

Cisco Patch Antenna and Cabling Configurations

When you make the decision to use a Cisco patch antenna for use on an AP model that requires external antennas, choosing the correct antenna and cabling accessories to do the job can be a bit of a daunting task.

You will still need to perform a site survey to determine which AP will meet your density, performance and coverage requirements, but you need to make sure the antenna is compatible with your AP! 

Typically your Cisco Sales Rep will know what parts connect to what, but it is always handy to know what your options are.

I don't deploy outdoor APs or indoor APs with external antenna connectors too often, so when I do I often forget what I can and can't do in this space. 

I created the images below to remind me quite some time ago, however have recently updated them with the latest Cisco AP models.

Please let me know if anything is incorrect!

No comments:

Post a Comment